Protection for At-Risk Skin to Prevent Painful Skin Conditions.
3M™ Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream - A very special moisturizing barrier cream that is formulated with 3M polymers for those patients with skin at risk from incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD). The concentrated, fragrance-free cream requires less frequent application and resists washing off, making care easier. Hypoallergenic formula contains dimethicone to better protect patients' skin. Compatible with chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) and can be used with tapes and dressings. Fragrance free. Vanishes into skin.
- Improves Patient Comfort – Moisturizes as it protects skin.
- Long Lasting – won’t wash off, fewer applications save time and effort.
- Transparent, Non-Greasy and Allows Adhesives to Adhere.
- Vanishes into skin, allowing tapes and dressings to adhere.
- Does not clog briefs or diapers.
- Clincally Proven Protection – Hypoallergenic for extra skin protection & comfort.
- Compatible with CHG.
- Vanishes into skin.
- Does not clog briefs or diapers.
- Fragrance Free.
Active Ingredient: Dimethicone 1.3%
Inactive Ingredients: Acrylate Terpolymer, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Glycerin, Diisooctyl Adipate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Magnesium Sulphate, Mineral Oil, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Water.
Indication: Protection for at-risk skin from damage associated with incontinence. Moisturizes severely dry skin.
How To Use 3M Cavilon Barrier Cream
Step 1: Gather supplies
- A pH-balanced skin cleanser, such as (sold separately) 3M Cavilon No-Rinse Skin Cleanser
- 3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream
- Soft cloth(s)
- Absorbent product (e.g., brief or pad)
Step 2: Remove soiled brief or pad
Step 3: Cleanse and dry skin
- Moisten cloth with skin cleanser.
- Spray skin with cleanser, then wipe skin with moistened cloth to remove soil.
- Repeat as needed until skin is clean. (Rinsing is not required for sold separately Cavilon No-Rinse Skin Cleanser.)
- For other skin cleansers, rinse if required per cleanser directions.
- Dry skin thoroughly. Make sure skin is clean and dry before going to Step 4.
Step 4: Apply cream to skin
- Squeeze a small amount of 3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream into the palm or on fingertips of a gloved hand. Avoid using too much.
- Apply Cavilon Barrier Cream to all skin areas exposed to urine or stool. Gently massage cream into skin until it disappears.
- Reapply at the first incontinent episode during the day shift, if there are 3 or fewer incontinent episodes per 24 hours.
- Reapply at the first incontinent episode at the beginning of each shift, if there are more than 3 incontinent episodes per 24 hours.
Step 5: Apply a clean absorbent product.
Step 6: Document Care
- Report skin breakdown such as redness, rash or ulceration to the appropriate care person.
- Consider influence of friction or pressure if area is over a bony prominence.
2 Pack (3354)
3 Pack (3354)
5 Pack (3354)
48 Pack (3354)
2 Pack (3355)
3 Pack (3355)
12 Pack (3355)
Free shipping is standard ground shipping (carrier of our choice) within the 48 Contiguous United States ONLY. Free shipping only applies to orders going to a single address in the Contiguous USA. Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii addresses are excluded from free shipping promotions.
Delivery estimate for free shipping calculated in business days(Monday through Friday -excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (5-7 business days). Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii addresses are excluded from free shipping promotions.
Delivery estimate for standard shipping (Alaska & Hawaii) calculated in business days Monday through Friday -excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (4-8 business days).
Delivery estimates for expedited service calculated in business days (Monday through Friday -excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (1-3 business days).
In-store pickup is available if chosen at checkout.
See our Shipping Policy for further detail.
Terms and Conditions: Rehab Supply Shoppe reserves the right to cancel any order at any time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.